MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: Problems after install P2P Network w/Win XP
October 16, 2019, 01:12:00 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2019, 01:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problems after install P2P Network w/Win XP  (Read 1336 times)
lpfdog

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2004, 04:27:14 PM »

Operating System Version: Win XPP
Problem Application Name & Version:= WinXPP
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Linksys Fast Ethernet Router BEFSR41
Error Messages:see[#2]

In my original posting I was able to setup and run a P2P Network
(Thanks for the advice)
since then I ran into 2 problems:
1) the printer will not print using a micro print server attached to the parallel port on the printer with attached ethernet cable XP drivers were installed for printer however it will print using a regular parallel cable. Printer was shared and mapped drive on all PC`s.
2) Error message comes up that the pc was unable to do a remote procedure call and that in 30 seconds XP will shut down and then it does exactly that??? Please help...
Thanks,
Larry
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 10:08:14 PM by lpfdog » Logged

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 05:49:10 PM »

Hi,

A hub should work. Check out my Peer-to-Peer Networking Checklist to see if something was missed.

Since every network is different, I do not have a step-by-step guide but you will find links to Practically Networked to does have basic How-Tos

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Faqt

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 08:41:07 AM »

I hesitate to even ask, cause it may be off the subject.
I had an experience with the MSBlaster worm that caused constant reboots because of RPC. Antivirus software updated?

If reboots are causing you difficulty in finding a solution to your problem, you can go to
start>run> type shutdown -a
This will keep the system from completing the forced shutdown.
Hope that helps you a little.

Faqt
------------------
<unknown>has caused an error in <unknown>. <unknown>will now close.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: