MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: my computer restarts for no reason
December 08, 2019, 03:05:59 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2019, 03:05:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my computer restarts for no reason  (Read 1021 times)
drunkncupid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2004, 06:54:42 PM »

I built this computer for scratch, it has an amd barton 2500 with dual fireing chips of 512 pc 2700 ram. the mother board is an asus a78x deluxe. I have an 80 gig maxtor hard drive and also a 20 gig quantom fireball hard drive just to use as back up memory. I have two different video cards in it, the first of which was an nvidia 4200, but i jsut bought an ati radeon 9600 xt hoping that the video card might have been the problem.

The problem occurs at random and is diffrent each time, if im in a game the game will simply disapear and i will be back at the desktop screen. if im doing anything other than a game it usualy just restarts withought warning.

i have tried replacing literaly every peice of the computer, the motherboard, the video card, the ram, the hard drives, and even the cd rom drive but nothing seems to work. the only part of the computer that i have not changed is the cpu because im not sure how to check if its the cpu verses something else. i have all of the latest dirvers. please let me know if its just a problem that most amd's have with compatibility. at this point i will do anythign to get this machine to work....

thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 08:50:02 PM by drunkncupid » Logged

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 05:29:39 AM »

Do I read you right.You have 2 video cards installed ?.What rating is you power supply.What are the +12 +5 +3.3 that are written on the side of your PSU. And what make is you ram

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: