MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Please help, my pc wont power up after a format
October 18, 2019, 04:13:39 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2019, 04:13:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help, my pc wont power up after a format  (Read 808 times)
Sixtoo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2004, 07:53:51 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version: Power failure
Problem Hardware Make & Model: 350W ATX power supply
Error Messages: I wish, that would at least be a start

Sad Yesterday I deided to format my operating system on the first partition on my hard drive, about 7% into the format I decided to go and make a cup of tea (as you do) returning to find my pc had powered down and would not power up.
After checking my connections I tried to power up again all I got was a very brief blink from a light inside 1 of the fans, then absolutely nothing.Huh?Huh?Huh?
Never came across this problem before, if any one has or has any ideas, help would be greatfully recieved.

I've managed to come across a psu that should have enough power to power up my mobo, this should determine if the fault lies in the psu, any other ideas would be very helpful.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 11:08:33 AM by Sixtoo » Logged

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 02:22:50 PM »

Hi,

I would suspect the PSU but would also check the power cord at both ends to make sure it is attached correctly. If using a power bar, I would try connecting the power cord directly to the wall socket to make sure the fault is not with the power bar.

Were you experiencing any thunderstorm activity when this happened?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Sixtoo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 01:59:10 PM »

Not sure if there was any thunder storm activity, i replaced the PSU and it boots up now, but it appears there was some damage done somewhere because when i tried to re-install XP it failed to load quite a few .dll files resulting in applications failing to initialize. i tried a different OS and still get the same problem, when a file fails to install it says 'there is an invalid XP image on the disk and there may be a problem with your disk' i can only assume there is a problem with eithere the mobo or hard disk.
i still have files on my second partition i wanted to keep do you think this may be causing the error?
any ideas would be a great help

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: