MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Security & Viruses arrow Topic: Lines of q [qqqqqqqqqq] auto typed in docs etc
November 21, 2019, 12:06:19 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 12:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lines of q [qqqqqqqqqq] auto typed in docs etc  (Read 1341 times)
mike020456

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2004, 02:37:21 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows 98
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Help.

The last few days I've developed a problem that seems to be getting worse.

Lines of qqqqqqqqqqqqq are automatically inserted into typed documents I create (This is a text file; I haven't tried it in Word). Even here I have to delete such lines that appear.

It affects e.g. Google (as well as other search engines or online forms) when I type words into the Search window.

If I try to rename a file the same thing happens. Lines of 'q's. Sometimes I cannot type the letter 'q' (this time it did). I hope this is making sense.

I haven't installed any additional programs although I did receive a threat qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqrecently (OK See? It just did it again) from a chat room participant that he would 'do something to my computer'.

I've done a Google search but no luck, or the terms I've used to describe the problem may be insufficient (or deficient).

Thanks for your help
Mike

mike020456

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 04:21:04 PM »

I should add that I have just scanned for viruses with latest update of AVG...no viruses found. I run Adaware...all spybots removed.

I have noticed that a couple of files in Windows...QFECHECK (.EXE) and QTW (a text file) are update apps (but no critical updates are required) were flashing yesterday but not now.
Also the thumbnail/preview of an image file (I open with ImageForge) began flashing off and on. No problems now though.
For the moment the 'q's are not appearing ...I am expecting them to appear at any moment as I type this.

Hope this extra info helps. Will add more if I think of it. But will wait for a reply too.

Thanks for your patience.
Mike

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 07:55:31 PM »

Hi,

Is your "Q" button on the keyboard perhaps sticking?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: