MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: IE6 with Outlook 2002 - Send Emails from IE6
November 21, 2019, 04:03:46 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 04:03:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IE6 with Outlook 2002 - Send Emails from IE6  (Read 5623 times)
mica99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2004, 08:51:48 AM »

I am using Windows XP Professional Edition with IE6 and Outlook 2002. I have read in a previous forum a similar problem but it did exactly equate to mine.

When trying to send an email from with IE6 I receive the following error message.
"Can not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed."

I can send and receive emails within Outlook 2002 successfully it just when I try to, for example, contact a user within their Web site "Contact Us" limk that this error happens.

Can you help me?:
I think there was some comment about going into the File Tab under Windows Explorer and changing the setting against Outlook. The problem I have is that there is no mention of outlook within this tab. Maybe I need to add it as a new application type or something...

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 02:35:08 AM »

Is this any help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q182985

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 02:50:31 AM »

This work around might do better if you get no joy from last post.

From the IE6: Tools\Internet Options, choose the program tab, then in the email field you should be able to choose between Outlook or Outlook express. Choose Outlook express. Then go to a web page with an email link, click to send a mail, it will open outlook express. Then return to IE and change back the default email program to Outlook.And now it should work.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
mica99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 08:42:15 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by mica99

I am using Windows XP Professional Edition with IE6 and Outlook 2002. I have read in a previous forum a similar problem but it did exactly equate to mine.

When trying to send an email from with IE6 I receive the following error message.
"Can not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed."

I can send and receive emails within Outlook 2002 successfully it just when I try to, for example, contact a user within their Web site "Contact Us" limk that this error happens.

Can you help me?:
I think there was some comment about going into the File Tab under Windows Explorer and changing the setting against Outlook. The problem I have is that there is no mention of outlook within this tab. Maybe I need to add it as a new application type or something...

mica99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 08:46:34 AM »

Neither of these suggestions have worked. Firstly I cannot select Outlook Express within IE6 under the Program tab email options as Outlook Express is not a selectable option there is only Microsoft Outlook available.

Secondly the Microsoft Link is also a workaround for Outlook Express not Microsoft Outlook.

Happy to take on board more advice...

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 05:10:15 PM »

Hi,

Seems like Outlook Express is the default email client even though it is not installed. I would look in Outlook 2002's options to make sure it is set as default.

On the Tools menu, click Options and then Other. Under General, select 'Make Outlook the default program for Email, Contacts and Calendar' check box. Restart Outlook and choose to set Outlook as your default program (if asked).

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
mica99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 11:59:54 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

Seems like Outlook Express is the default email client even though it is not installed. I would look in Outlook 2002's options to make sure it is set as default.

On the Tools menu, click Options and then Other. Under General, select 'Make Outlook the default program for Email, Contacts and Calendar' check box. Restart Outlook and choose to set Outlook as your default program (if asked).

Unfortunatley this was not the issue as Outlook has been set up correctly as above.

fluroboy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 02:01:11 AM »

hi mica99

did you ever find a fix for this. I have the same problem except when I click on any mailto link, I get precisely 64 instances of IE open. No more, no less. None of the suggestions above (though appreciated) actually resolve this issue.

Would like to hear if you've managed to.

cheers

cheers
mica99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 09:32:42 AM »

No. None of the suggestions did work however I recently downloaded the latest service packs and patches for both Office XP and Windows XP (around 72MB all up) and I believe (only believe) at this stage this somewhere along the line has fiixed the issue. As soon as I can confirm this I will advise.

PS. I never tried counting exactly how many iterations of IE6 screen I was presented with but I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 64...

Ropaki

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 08:54:49 AM »

I was having the same problem with IE ver.6.0.2800 xpsp2, using Outlook 2002. Neither Send link,Send Page or New Message would work. Read Mail opened up with MS Outlook. Tried all the above mentioned fixes to no avail. I was also using Slimbrowser and could send a page but Outlook would not send a link as attachment. Downloaded My IE2 and File|Send|Page by email or Link by email works just fine.

Ropaki Silos
Morgana

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 06:23:01 AM »

I am happy to report that changing the program for e-mail in Internet Explorer to AOL (my only other option), clicking on a mailto link, cancelling the e-mail, and then resetting the program to Outlook fixed my problem.  I was also getting 64 error web pages.  Thanks for the help.

britneylove

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »

THE POST OF APRIL 19th WORKED.  Although I did not have AOL so I installed the free version of Eudora email and changed my setting in internet explorer to use Eudora for email and went to the start button and run and typed in MAILTO:  it came back with a different error this time.  then I went into internet explorer and put outlook back as my email program and it works fine now.

I know this posting is two years later but I am just soooo happy that it is working properly now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: