MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: New Mobo Boot Problems
September 17, 2019, 11:20:23 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 11:20:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mobo Boot Problems  (Read 2301 times)
inspirations

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2004, 05:26:51 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP Home
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Motherboard Microstar MS-6383 ver:5
Error Messages:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully.  A recent hardware or software change might havecaused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.
Seconds until Windows starts: 30

I've just installed another mobo,(it's a second-hand one, and I'm not sure if it's faulty or not) - Microstar MS-6368 ver:5, booted up and got above message.
The first time I came across this message, the seconds counted down, I tried Start Windows Normally, and it looked as if windows was booting up for a second or two (the black and white progress indicator bar came up), then a blue screen flashed up really quickly (I think it may have been the scandisk message).  Then the computer rebooted to the above message again.  This time, the seconds did not count down, it remained on 30.  I am able to arrow up and down.

I tried Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Last Known Configuration but windows reboots each time.  (After listing scrolls of windows system paths?)

When I connected the reset switch to the mobo, I noticed there was only one pin. It's connected though.

Do these results suggest the mobo is fine?  What should I try next?

bustitnote

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 07:09:11 AM »

Try minimal device boot up, eg. disconnect devices from the mobo one by one starting with the reset switch then try booting up after each. If it boots up properly with a certain device disconnected there could be a hardware conflict or damaged connector on the mobo. Also, can the mobo handle your processor? I tried a few searches and couldn't find the Microstar MS-6383.

inspirations

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 08:59:01 PM »

Thanks bustitnote, the mobo is infact a Microstar MS-6386 (Sorry for incorrect posting)http://baber.com/baber/411/msi_6368.htm  My processor is a Celeron 1200 (Could this be my problem?)

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 03:35:21 AM »

The ms-6368 does use the Celeron.You might like to check out the bios settings and compare them with yours. http://support.lan-plus.com/drivers/motherboards/specs/MS-6368.htm

An Australian Member of

EDDY
inspirations

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 02:35:07 AM »

Thanks guys - I've determined that the mobo is infact faulty, I'm waiting for a replacement to arrive within a few days.  Hopefully, you won't be hearing back about my problems with this other mobo...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: