MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Cannot access 'LOGIN' webpages
September 17, 2019, 11:14:22 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 11:14:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannot access 'LOGIN' webpages  (Read 2241 times)
marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2004, 05:30:13 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:XP Pro
Problem Application Name & Version:Specific Webpages
Error Messages:"The page cannot be displayed"

Hi, Recently I downloaded a spyware detection software application called "Noadware". I ran this software and it detected numerous spyware problems. Now, after running this software and deleting various things I can no longer enter specific webpages. The only webpages I have found that I cannot process are 'LOGIN' webpages, such as my internet banking login page and 1 or 2 others similar.
I have tried altering the security settings with no success.

Can anyone please help me??

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 03:13:45 AM »

Some pop-up stoppers will stop you from logging on to secure sites.I would  uninstall Noadware and retry again  and do a System Restore to a point before you added the software if you find that that did not work. "Ad-Aware" is a more proven program to use and a program called "Noads" allows you to stop pop-up ads of your choice.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 05:06:34 PM »

Hi! Thanks for replying.

As soon as I noticed I could not access secure websites I uninstalled 'Noadware'. This did not rectify my problem.
As soon as I noticed I had a problem I accessed the 'Restore' feature. I can distinctly remember creating a restore point a few months ago but when I came to restore my system to that point it was'nt there, all of my retore points have been deleted.

Another thing I forgot to mention was, after running 'Noadware' it deleted all my 'setup' programs, thats - Start - Run - Msconfig - startup. Startup programs like Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security, Microsoft Office, ADSL modem and a few other things have a been deleted out of this section altogether.
Is there a way to place these programs back to the startup?

Its as if its corrupted my whole system

My computer didnt come with any IE6 install disk or I would just uninstall and reinstall it. What there is in my Add/Remove program list is a Internet Explorer Q828750 file. Do you know what this file is?

I very much appreciate your feedback!

Thankyou!

Haith

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 06:07:19 PM »

I just took a look at http://www.noadware.net/
It has the one page, sells nothing, has no contact info.  I wouldn't download anything from a page like that.  

It might do as it says, or it might do other things.  

Personally, I'd reformat since you report you think it has...

"Another thing I forgot to mention was, after running 'Noadware' it deleted all my 'setup' programs, thats - Start - Run - Msconfig - startup. Startup programs like Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security, Microsoft Office, ADSL modem and a few other things have a been deleted out of this section altogether."

Professional computer geek that loves the outdoors moreso!
Computer worker...console gamer!
marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 12:56:28 AM »

Can anyone tell me how to format my hard drive. I don't have a XP software disk as it was supplied without one ( A thing what Microsoft do to deter people from copying them).

I can get a copy but I'm a bit scared of formatting, loading drivers on after format etc.

Please could someone give me a step by step acount of formatting my system.... Please!

My system is:

Packard Bell Imedia 5070
Pentium 4 2.0Ghz
256 Ram
40 GB hard drive (NTFS)
XP Professional

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 03:16:35 AM »

If you get a copy of XP it gives you the option to format and install and will do it for you.In the mean time...
http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/aug02/010802.html

An Australian Member of

EDDY
littlemermaid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 01:01:06 PM »

I have had the same exact problem, after installing AD-Aware, it cleaned some alleged spyware from my registry and now I can't log in to any secure websites, This is a serious bug in that program! I have to back up everything and restore it all.

marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2004, 04:29:07 PM »

Adware caused alot of problems within my system. It actually deleted all of my known restore points, I tried reloading Windows XP Professional but that just caused even more problems. In the end I had to format my hard drive and start a fresh. I would advise you to do the same. Let me know how you get on.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: