MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: MAXTOR HDD NOT SHOWING UP
November 18, 2019, 12:49:32 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2019, 12:49:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAXTOR HDD NOT SHOWING UP  (Read 953 times)
steve

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2004, 11:07:26 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:XP Pro
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Hard drive MAXTOR 40Gb Diamond Max plus 8 ATA 133 (NAR61590)
Error Messages:error installing operating system

I am running a pentium II 386 cyrix computer, it has 512mb SDRAM and onboard sound/graphic. It previously had a 3Gb HDD which has WIN98 on it, (this still works) but i recently acquired the above mentioned HDD which i installed WINXP PRO on. When booting up, it said there were drive errors, CMOS Doesnt recognise it, but if put a user drive on, it comes up in the POST ok, and reports the actual drive. Even though there are errors, it still boots up.
 Now, it wont even boot up, if i use both HDD's it only boots up from the 3Gb drive and not the 40Gb (i havent changed anything on the drive, just wanted to transfer some files from the smaller to the larger drive.)
 Is there anyway i can save the DATA on the 40gb HDD? or am i gonna have to reformat/fdisk it?
 Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 07:15:46 PM »

Hi,

Since your BIOS is not detecting the drive, I suspect it may not support a 40GB drive, look for an update to your BIOS.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: