MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: PC Power
September 15, 2019, 09:30:02 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2019, 09:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PC Power  (Read 1981 times)
Zack

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2004, 01:49:31 PM »

<hr noshade size="1">
i have a pc at home and it switchs on for a few seconds - not even enough to bootup - and then turns its self off - No screen display though the whole process i cant try again without unpluging and pluging in again.
i think it is to do with the cables labeled power sw etc i dont know what order to put them they have fallen out recently and i put them in where my mate has got them but i dont think its the right order.
i have a Tiny TI440bxm

please help.

UPDATE: I NOW HAVE TO BUY A NEW POWER SUPPLY AFTER BLOWING MY OLD ONE! I STILL NEED TO KNOW HOW TO INSTALL IT THOUGH.
CHEERS
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 03:01:46 PM by Admin » Logged
shevyblaza

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 05:25:18 PM »

I have a similiar problem with my PC, except while I'm working, my PC will automatically go to sleep or standy mode.  The keyboard and the mouse will not respond and i'll shut down cold and then reboot.  However, as soon as I reboot and start working, without warning, it goes to sleep.  To say i'm annoyed would be an understatement . . .NEED HELP FAST!

Zack

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 08:02:44 PM »

i have installed the power supply but there are some wires labled power sw etc and i know they go into the motherboard but i dont know what order to putthem in.
i have a tiny ti440bxm
Zack

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 05:18:15 PM »

i have replaced the mother board does any 1 know where i can get a power supply? the websaite <b><u>MUST</u></b> accept <b><i>SOLO CARDS!!!</i></b>

CHEERS
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 03:01:53 PM by Admin » Logged
Alok

Alok

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 06:21:42 PM »

dear friends
hi
check the power cord first
check the output wattage rating generally written on the box it self there might be possible you are drawing the power more frm the box then rated in case smps does not enough for power requirment then this kind of problem arrise
one more thing always use arround 30% more power wattage rating smps then needed
now the question can be asked how much various pheriferals required the ammount of power
kindly click the link below
http://deltadc.com/
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/index.htm
this link will help u most
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/maxpc/index_cases.htm

some more tips are here :
check the Power good signal is being generated or not
check the switching operation is ok or not
check the output voltage is ok or not
 if all procedure fails then you have to give the power supply to some skilled and experienced person only
note if you don't know the don't ever open the box
kindly

ALOK TIWARI
mralokkp
Zack

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 07:53:27 PM »

hi iv got a new power supply coming between 1+3 days. i got it from www.planetmicro.co.uk
Zack

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 08:18:07 PM »

MAKE SURE THAT U DONT USE PLANETMICRO UNLESS U WANT A LOAD OF TROUBLE IT TOOK AGES TO GET THOUGHT TO EMAIL CUSTOMER SUPPORT - ABOUT 3 DAYS.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: