MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Soundcard/gameport problems
June 17, 2019, 03:32:36 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2019, 03:32:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soundcard/gameport problems  (Read 1274 times)
Diomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2004, 07:11:25 PM »

2 things Smiley
PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Win XP SP1
Problem Application Name & Version: Weird intermittant sound issues
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Philips Edge PSC 605 soundcard/Onboard Realtek ALC650
Error Messages: None

First of all Thanks for providing this site and helping so many people out.
In certain games I get this weird clipping sound after my system has been up for awhile.  Sometimes it pops and other times it sounds as if its playing the sound file, stopping mid way and starting again.  I've had it occur while using 2 different sets of speakers 1 pair of headphones and with both the Phillips card and the onboard Realtek.  It seems to happen most often when theres a lot of things going at once and then screws up from then on.  I first encountered this problem with the onboard Realtek so I put in the phillips and it happens less but still occurs.  Realtek is currently disabled in bios.
PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Win XP SP1
Problem Application Name & Version: Gameport not funcitoning
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Philips Edge PSC 605 soundcard
Error Messages: Under Device manager I get "This Device cannot find enough free resources that it can use [code 12].  If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.  Going to the REsources tab reads I/O Range 0201-0201 with the Conflicting device list reading "Imput/Output Range 0201-0201 not available.  

Any help on either of these will be greatly appreaciated!

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 10:16:51 AM »

It seems that the video card and the sound card are sharing the same IRQ. Can you reinstall the sound card in another slot.Try moving it to slot 3.Thats the top slot.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: