MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: IE tsp108.dll error
August 21, 2019, 08:08:34 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2019, 08:08:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IE tsp108.dll error  (Read 1213 times)
Gordon Shumway

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2004, 02:27:55 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows ME
Problem Application Name & Version: Internet Explorer 6.0
Problem Hardware Make & Model:  Dell Dimension 4100
Error Messages: tsp108.dll
Whenever I try to open explorer I get a tsp108.dll error message. At first I downloaded a new copy of IE 6 from MS website on to a CD using another computer and tried to reinstall on to computer having problem. I could not get that to work (although I seemed to have deleted Explorer icons). I cannot use any function that uses explorer such as Control Panel, Search and My Computer because the error message comes up whenever I try. I am running AdSubtract ad/pop-up blocking program and read that such progams can create problems. I closed it but can't figure out how to uninstall it because I can ge tto Add/Remover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 02:59:42 PM »

If you want to uninstall, you can do so easily through the add/remove function in your control panel. You can access your control panel by going to:

1. Start (typically, the button in the bottom left of your screen)
2. Choose SETTINGS
3. Choose CONTROL PANEL
4. Choose ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
5. Select TPS108
6. Click on ADD/REMOVE

Of course we encourage you to leave it on so that you can benefit from the occasional offers that it shows you. If you need more information, or experience any technical problems, please contact us at techsupport@TPS108.org . We look forward to hearing from you.

In the absence of an entry in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS please use on of the following methods: For Windows98 and WindowsXP users:
a) To permanently disable the software click "Start" and then "Run" and type the following command which unregisters the software: regsvr32 c:\windows\TPS108.dll -u"  

b) To completely remove the software: reboot and then Find and Delete the fileTPS108.dll.

For Windows2000, WindowsME and WindowsNT users:

a) To permanently disable the software click "Start" and then "Run" and type the following command which unregisters the software: "regsvr32 c:\winnt\TPS108.dll -u"

b) To completely remove the software: reboot and then Find and Delete the file TSP108.dll.

also download spybot search and destroy install it then update it then run a scan and let it fix what it finds sounds like spyware

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully
in her sleep.  Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

Brian
Gordon Shumway

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 02:31:53 AM »

bbhagrid
Thanks but the fix was unsuccessful.
I am running WindowsME so I could not get into add/remove and had to run "regsvr32 c:\winnt\TPS108.dll -u"
The message came up
"LoadLibrary["c:\winnt\TPS108.dll] failed
GetLastError returns 0x0000485"
Since I run WindowsME, not WindowsNT, I also tried
"regsvr32 c:\winme\TPS108.dll -u"
The message came up
"LoadLibrary["c:\winme\TPS108.dll] failed
GetLastError returns 0x0000485"
Any ideas?

bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 12:45:05 PM »

try this startup control panel

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

use this to disable that prog from running at startup then you will be able to delete the files that are needed to be removed

also give this a try first to see if it finds it spybot search and destroy    http://www.safer-networking.org/ after you install spybot run the update feature for it to get the latest definitions and then run a scan and let it fix the things it finds

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully
in her sleep.  Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

Brian
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 02:58:27 PM »

Thread continues here:
http://www.mytechsupport.ca/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42&topic=2452

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: