MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Computer reboots automatically - anytime
April 24, 2019, 04:24:40 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2019, 04:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Computer reboots automatically - anytime  (Read 1121 times)
manzana

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »

Hi everyone,

I got a weird problem with my computer. It started rebooting automatically (as if someone presses the reboot button) about 2 months ago. I did not install any new hardware when it started. For solving the problem I installed "dachshund anticrash software", which stopped the computer rebooting. After about 1 month, it started rebooting again. Sometimes it rebooted when I started Internet Explorer (about 10 times agin agin and again...). Or when BitTorrent stopped loading the file. IE usually crashed when the page was to be loaded, so IE did start up! I tried Windows Xp and Win2k, and got the same problem. I did a Virus check (no virus found with newest definitions). I then started taking hardware out. Started with Soundcard, which improved the situation by a bit. When I activated the Motherboard Soundcard, it started crashing heavily again. Without any sound it works fairl fine, but it still reboots once in a while! I tried new ram, which i bough and replaced the old ram, without success!!!! CPU temperature is between 47 and 54C!
plz helpppp

Computer stats:
Asus a7a266-E
Athlon XP 1600
256MB DDR ram
Soundblaster Live 5.1
Plextor DVDR 708 A
Network card (dont ask which brand, dunno)

manzana

manzana

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 08:22:14 AM »

update!
I just unplugged one HD, which was connected to the motherboard on the same cable as my primary master HD. The computer now crashes less, but it still does once in a while!
Anyone know how that could have affected the problem?Huh??
thx

manzana

rjh111271

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 01:20:02 AM »

may seem obvious but have u ran an up to date virus scanner?

manzana

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 10:43:45 PM »

thx for the reply!
Yes I did!!!
but then its really weird. One of my e-mail accounts always gets e-mails from strange people, which have worms. I supposedly also send them away, as I receive a message, that I sent an e-mail... I dunno what that is, but it is new and i dont think has any relevance to the rebooting problem!

manzana

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: