MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: what causes my pc to take 5-10 mins to boot?
November 13, 2019, 01:02:05 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 01:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what causes my pc to take 5-10 mins to boot?  (Read 1007 times)
brent

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2004, 09:08:52 PM »

Amd athlonxp 2600
512mb ddr ram
geforcefx 5900
windows xp 2000
hi all could someone help me Everytime i boot it up it takes from 5 to 15 mins to boot i have reinstalled windows but this was not the problem. i also took out some ram but still the same problem. i have no idea as to what it could be. Any help what so ever would be really appreciated
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 09:53:33 PM by brent » Logged

Zack

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 03:34:06 PM »

i get this on my xp home and xp pro computers
Ken

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 12:01:32 AM »

try using bootvis u can download it from filemirrors.com and run it. Bootvis will tell when, what, how long, and which drivers are loading when you boot up. That way you can see where the hang up is. You can even have it optimize ur boot if u want. If all your hardware is configured correctly you should be able 2 get ur PC 2 boot in about 10 seconds

Alok

Alok

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 06:28:18 PM »

hello
try to remove the start up files that is being generally copied up
when we install various softwares
try to clean the dirt behind ur smps
try to defragment the hard disk
try to see how much performance your comp is giving (right click on my computer -performance tab)

ALOK TIWARI
mralokkp
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 08:53:49 PM »

Hi,

Try a Diagnostics Startup and if problem goes away, try a Selective Startup to narrow what item is causing the slow bootup.

See http://www.mytechsupport.ca/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42&topic=941 for more details.

If the problem persists using Diagnostics Startup, then try Safe-Mode (hit <F8> during bootup right before the Windows logo screen to access boot menu). If the problem goes away in Safe-Mode, then the problem is most likely relating to a device driver. I would update video, network, sound card drivers.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: