MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Error messages
July 20, 2019, 08:17:46 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2019, 08:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Error messages  (Read 1244 times)
babymoon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2004, 07:52:16 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:WINDOWS XP HOME
Error Messages:  frequent unexpected restarting of my computer, which leads to an error message that says "Windows has recovered from a serious error, "mini dump". I ran WinDoctor which specified 2 unfixable errors 1). -missing file-"C:\WINDOWS\System32\MAPISERVR.EXE" cannot access a necessary file, "gapi32.dll"
2) missing or invalid file\key:-the key," SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Run", refers to a Registry value "PromulGate" that points to "C:\program files\DelFin\promulGate\pgMonitr.exe", "an invalid startup command"

I am no expert, i am in fact a newbie. Please help

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 04:39:46 AM »

You have Ad ware installed.Either got to this site for instruction on a manual remove... http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/promulgate/index.phtml
or get "Ad-Aware" to do the job for you. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ you should find that the other problem is related to this.If not you can get a fresh copy of the dll file from here. http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?gapi32
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 04:51:05 AM by Pancake » Logged

An Australian Member of

EDDY
babymoon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 04:52:49 AM »

:blink: 016-DPF: {197AB1D&-A7DD-4C86-A938-IFCCODB21B853}{DMProxyCtl Class)-http://dm.cometsystems.com/dm/dm_274.cab

this does not appear in my HiJack This log
the properties of C:/WINDOWS/system32/inetmhib1.dll  (before a reboot) are:
120KB
created Mon Sept 01/03  modified same date
file version 1,0,0,350  product version 1,0,0,350
language Russian
advanced - file ready for archving  - allow indexing service

liber8r

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 03:30:56 AM »

I am having problems with ie, I keep getting the "This page cannot be displayed" message. I have checked my security settings and I think there right but the problem seems to hapen most when trying to log onto a secure page, any help with this would be great.
thanks

babymoon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 03:56:35 AM »

Sounds to me like you have to adjust your security settings. If you are like me, and have no ability to do so without log on as an administrator, restart your computer and press F8 while it is rebooting. Select Safemode. Sign in as Administrator. Go to Control Panel, Network Connections, Internet Options, then Security tab. Change your custom settings to Low or Medium Low. Then restart your computer and connect to internet, go to the same sites and see if it solved the problem. Could also be a firewall preventing access. Another suggestion is Adware or Spyware.
I recommmend Spyware Blaster and Bazooka Blaster. But you can also try AdAware and Spybot.
Let me know if this helps. I often have the same issues, so if you hear different suggestions, inform me. Thanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: