MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Programs take forever to load
May 23, 2019, 09:24:10 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2019, 09:24:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Programs take forever to load  (Read 787 times)
Blaze

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2004, 01:00:26 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows 2000
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Laptop
Error Messages:None

Well I have a big problem...well to me it is. One day I was playing my game and BAM it got so choppy I left. I decided to restart my computer and still choppy on the games. The mouse just takes forever to move and know when I try to load winamp and all this and it just takes so long. When I open about 5 windows it takes forever to switch between them and I just want to kill this computer. I have 256 mbs of RAM and I'm on a laptop. I used all these memory tweaks but nothing is happening and my CPU Usage is crazy raning from 12-100% like every 5 seconds. I try canceling a lot of programs that I don't need but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I also scanned for adware and spyware with adaware and spybot. I don't know what the problem can be.

grahalex

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 07:28:27 PM »

Hi Blaze. I have the same problem. every time I open a program it takes ages for it to load and the cpu usage goes to 100 %.I have tried everything to solve this, defrag,disc cleanup,clearing out temp internet files etc and no joy.

grahalex

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 09:42:22 PM »

Decided to format and reinstall windows, everything ok now

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: