MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: error error error :s :'(
October 21, 2019, 04:01:14 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2019, 04:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: error error error :s :'(  (Read 1518 times)
macca52

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2004, 11:01:48 AM »

Operating System Version: Windows XP PRO
Problem Application Name & Version: Pretty much any application made in VB
Error Messages: System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.

I have a large number of programs that have been made in visual basic. The majority of these no longer work and produce the above error message. A minority still work. The error message does NOT change from program to program so im thinking maybe a missing dll?

Blaze

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 03:58:47 PM »

Alright, try this out:

You might need to get VB5 or 6 runtime files, I know where to get VB5 but have no clue where VB6 is at...I saw it last time but it disappeared...NM that.

Try VB5 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=05ae09e6-082a-4cd1-99cd-8911b6034c20&DisplayLang=en and if that doesn't work I'll give you the VB6 Runtime files when I find it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 04:10:07 PM by Blaze » Logged

Blaze

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 04:13:29 PM »

Here is the VB6 runtime files http://www.5star-shareware.com/Utilities/Libraries/vb6.html. I don't know if you want to trust this site...I suggest downloading the VB5 and then the VB6.(In fact, I don't think you need VB6 at all really, it isn't really done at Microsoft so just try VB5, might work like that)

Anymore problems just reply.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 04:18:24 PM by Blaze » Logged

macca52

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 04:19:58 PM »

still no change, i still get exactly the same error messages (ive installed both of the runtime thingys)

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 07:57:20 AM »

You can check to see if any of your files are missing or corrupted by opening a command prompt and type: sfc /scannow
the windows system file checker utility will scan the computer and alert you to missing or corrupted files.You may need to have your disc handy.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: