MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Deleting Harddrive files
November 19, 2019, 12:26:03 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2019, 12:26:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deleting Harddrive files  (Read 1029 times)
Dirtyfern

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2004, 02:16:46 AM »

Ok I need to know what i need to do to delete my harddrive.... because my pc contracted a virus and i cant get startup to work... i tried to insert windows xp but it started up and then froze at that screen

so now im ready to open this computer up and delete the memory off the harddrive.. how do i do this

xolanipaul

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 09:06:10 AM »

Hi,

Did you try to re-install XP? Maybe your boot sector is corrupt and it can not read or write to it! maybe not!

If you are ready to loose everything in the PC, get to a friend and hook up your harddrive as a slave drive (set jumpers to slave), format the drive. Re-install XP.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 02:23:43 PM »

Hi,

Boot off your WinXP cd and during setup you will have the option to remove the existing partition and then recreate it, which will wipe the drive, and then setup will format the newly created partition and proceed to install Windows.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Dirtyfern

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 09:46:52 PM »

how do you do that formatting thing, and is there nothing i can do to remove my memory myself, ie. take something off my motherboard and put it back on???

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: