MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: problem connecting to the Internet through IE6
October 23, 2019, 12:52:10 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2019, 12:52:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: problem connecting to the Internet through IE6  (Read 942 times)
tomfromuk

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2004, 09:03:21 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version:IE6
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hi,
Ive recently had a problem connecting to the Internet via IE6 on my dial-up ISP. the Dial-Up Box doesnt appear and i just get a box saying u are offline....and 2 options stay offline or try again...neither conecting me. But if i go through Outlook i still get the Dial up box with my details. Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 03:44:14 AM »

In IE6 go to  File and see that "Work offline" is unticked.You would be better off by putting your ISP shortcut on the desktop and connecting from there. To do this go to Start-Setting-Control Panel then double click Network Connection.Right click on your ISP connection and choose "Create a shortcut" from the dropdown menu.It will ask you if you want to put it on the desktop.Click Yes.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
tomfromuk

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 07:19:14 AM »

Many Thanks ive tried this and can connect that way, but is there any way i can get the dial up box back when i click on IE as its much easier this way
Hope you can help

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 07:56:25 AM »

Not sure if this is what you want but try right click on the computer icons in the tray and go Status/Properties/Options and check all three boxes.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: