MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: BROTHER DCP-1000 w/NO Scanner
September 17, 2019, 05:10:35 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 05:10:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BROTHER DCP-1000 w/NO Scanner  (Read 1497 times)
toto

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2004, 01:24:36 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version: Softscan / Paperport SE
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Brother DCP-1000
Error Messages:"Problem installing this hardware"
and "This device is not configured correctly."

THE SCANNER WILL NOT LOAD.  The printer, copier works fine.

I have asked for help thru Brother on the internet.  Original purchase included this CD for installation. I Didn't find out until later it was NOT for Windows XP.  But Windows 2000 and all operating systems below Windows 2000.
I have wasted many hours removing, deleting, PAPERPORT, SCANSOFT, and BROTHER files, applications, drivers, printers, etc. and re-installing with the(supposadly) newer disk.  
I'm past frustrated...(anyway we will no go there while here.)

Anyone have suggestions HOW to install this.  I delved into the CD and found some "Word" instructions here and there.  One deeply hidden file mentioned to disable any virus protectors. There is so Little instructions about EXACTLY what needs to be done in the first place.

I'm HIGHLY unsatisfied with this CD's uninstall/ and then re-install directions.  They do not work until you go way back into the registry, (Yes in no-man's land where you aren't suppose to be!!)  
I believe the Hardware is okay. But there was no easy way to get information from CD for Windows XP drivers.  There is much dinasour format and its mushed with the older Windows 2000 and 98.

Anyother suggestions besides this rather large rock I have in my hand?

Thanks in advance.    ~Toto~

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 05:22:59 PM »

Hi,

Printer / Scanner drivers for WinXP can be found at http://solutions.brother.com/mfc6800/download/drivers_1000.html#xp

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
toto

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 01:42:36 AM »

Roll Eyes Been there to the Brother Site and Done that.
Maybe I'm not doing something correct to load this up.
I am MORE than willing to admit I've made a mistake.
BUT This was a horror attempting to clear out the SCANSOFT / PAPERPORT / BROTHER Files numerous times, trying to think it out, reinstalling them.  This went on ALL Day Sunday.

And you know what..... It shouldn't be THAT HARD or take THAT LONG.
If a company is selling printers/DCP's or what ever I am sure they are leaning toward user friendly installation.

I have that driver.  Would someone walk me through on updating my system with it?  Maybe there is something I overlooked.
Thanks in advance.Kiss
~Toto~
Toto

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: