MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: System keeps crashing when playing games
October 20, 2019, 12:38:17 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2019, 12:38:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: System keeps crashing when playing games  (Read 1292 times)
kennyg

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2004, 09:08:07 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows XP Pro
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:ATI Radeon 9200 256MB
Error Messages:Device Driver

Please can someone help?, when playing games (namely Halo and Counterstrike) the game stays on for only around 1 minute before crashing back to the desktop. My pc also crashes quite often and when the error report has been sent microsoft says it was caused by a device driver. I have all the latest drivers installed for my graphics card, and have removed it and reinstalled it using Driver Cleaner 2. I have also run the Directx Diagnostic tool and no problems were reported. I have a ASrock K7S8X motherboard and with a AMD Athlon 2800 chip.

Any ideas would be welcomed
Cheers

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 03:47:41 AM »

Have you got all the patches for the games and XP updates.What make and how much ram have you got. Get hold of "SpeedFan" and check you cpu temp.http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

An Australian Member of

EDDY
kennyg

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 04:43:35 PM »

I have all the XP and game patches and have SP1a. I use 2 x 512MB PC2700 of unbranded RAM. Do you think i should try using one slot at a time to see if this helps? The CPU temp is around 51 -54C, is this normal?

NetDevil

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 08:06:33 PM »

it cud be a problem with your ram, if you have faulty ram then your pc tends to hang up when running memory intensive applications ( e.g. halo or counterstrike) try downloading sum software to check it, i cant remember what its called but i know there's sum out there

Geforce FX5900XT
1.7ghz Pentium 4
256mb ram (single stick)
60gb 7,200 rpm hard drive
dfi lanparty pro875 mobo
350watt aurora psu
kennyg

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 05:35:33 PM »

Thanks, i've taken out the original piece of memory and it does seem to have improved, but crashes after about 5 mins saying it was caused by a device driver

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 07:07:44 AM »

Can you post the full wording from the crash.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
g24tx

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 04:27:30 AM »

there is a program you can download from cnet.com called ram medic its free and it helps with ram problems.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: