MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Changing BIOS & Logon Info
November 20, 2019, 12:13:45 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2019, 12:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changing BIOS & Logon Info  (Read 1692 times)
jsryan7

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2004, 08:09:15 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version:Changing BIOS info
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Dell C600 notebook
Error Messages:

We recently purchased a Dell C600 online from a third party. When the laptop boots up, it has a Company Name above the Dell Logo on the screen before the Windows XP logo. We are trying to figure out how to remove the Company name and the Asset information and have had no luck. Can anyone help us please. Since we own it, we wanted to remove the company name from the intial boot window. Does anyone know how to get rid of this info.?

Wainui

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 06:27:13 AM »

It is called Windows Scripting and you can read about it here :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sdbug/Html/sdbug_4.asp

You can also download a Script Debugger

Wainui

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 06:34:44 AM »

Sorry, wrong link. Try this :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/wsoriWindowsScriptHost.asp

Click on Script on the left pane.

jsryan7

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 06:15:44 PM »

Thanks, but I'm not sure that Windows scripting is the solution to eliminating the file that contains the company and asset information.
When I search for the name in the registry or any of the files, it does not show up. Is it then part of the BIOS and the BIOS needs to be flashed? I'm looking to find the file that has the info and then delete it or update it with our company information. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

brett2

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 12:04:41 AM »

Ok, so I followed the link above (the second one) and I can't seem to figure out how to even get it on there, let alone get it off.  Perhaps someone can point us in the direction.  I would like to know how to actually put one on (so that my Fire Company can have a more personalized computer) and also to take it off, so I can remove the current one that is on there.  Thanks for the help.

~~Brett Patterson~~
shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 01:30:22 PM »

I think you may have been misunderstood.

If I understand you correctly, you want to change the startup screen
splash screen and text.

This information is stored using a system called DMI (Desktop Management Interface). People use DMI mostly in larger organizations to store information on PCs, and gather information for inventorying that equipment.

Dell should provide a DMI editing program with their distribution CD.
If not, try contacting Dell or going to their website for one.
If not, you can always download a copy of Intel Landesk. That should help.

Hope this helps

Shplad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: