MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Brother MFC 7300C
October 23, 2019, 01:00:14 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2019, 01:00:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brother MFC 7300C  (Read 902 times)
Dsherm112

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:W2KP
Problem Application Name & Version:Brother 7300C
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Subject: Brother 7300C
I bought this printer on 5/14/03 and had trouble with it immediiately. I installed the ink and printed a B&W picture. There were horizontal white lines throughout the picture.

I called support and they said to try another cartridge. I bought another Brother cartridge and installed it. It worked for a short period and then quit. The screen said it was out of ink, but it was full. When I printed pictures it still had the streaks.

I then bought compatible cartridges and they worked, with streaks. For the past several months I keeep getting out of ink warnings with full cartridges, I change the cartridge and it goes away. I have used both originals and compatibles. If I set a cartridge that doesn't work on a paper towel, it leaves a black mark. So there is no problem with the cartridge.

The problem is only with the black cartridges, color works fine.

The machine has been non functional for most of the time I've owned it. But due to a couple of surgeries I was unable to deal with the problems in a timely manner.

Now the machine does not show an error message and tries to print but the page is blank. I think the problem is a bad print head.

Brother is refusing to honor the warranty because I have used compatible ink. Can they do that?

If Brother won't help me, I'd like to fix this myself. Are repair manuals available? If not, can anyone provide guidance regarding how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Sherm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: