MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: New PC owner needs help! (Halo)
April 19, 2019, 03:08:07 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2019, 03:08:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New PC owner needs help! (Halo)  (Read 1415 times)
ant7629

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2004, 10:26:09 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Win XP
Problem Application Name & Version:Halo
Problem Hardware Make & Model:P4 3GHz Nvadia gx5200
Error Messages:can't find vorbisfile.dll

Hi guys, I need some help.  I have just purchsed a new desktop. It is the first computer I have bought and I could do with some help.

I am trying to fix Halo so it will run nice and smooth.  Now I know about the problems everyone has had with this game and I have read about how to possibly cure the problems with the graphics cards.  

Apart from configuring the settings in the actual game, I have been advised to load the game via the command promt on the start menu, entering " -use11" after the the exe location.  This I have done, several times and each time an error appears saying that the application could not find "vorbisfile.dll".  I have re installed the game and still this happens.  The game does run normally but at the poor frame rate that I trying to cure.

Please help, as I am feeling like I have paid a lot of money for a highish end PC and I can't get it to work.  The spec incidentally is:

P4 3GHz
512 RAM
Nvadia graphics card 128bit(GX something)
160 Gb hard disk
Windows XP

Also, if you could provide me with any other tips or info for anything concering my PC, I would REALLY appreciate it.  

Thanks

Anthony( Learning as I go.....)

PS I will be using the PC for games, DVD and CD editting, photos and normal office applications most of the time.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 07:29:49 PM »

Hi,

Did you check out Microsoft's Halo: Combat Evolved support page at http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/support.asp ?

I would apply the latest patch and make sure your video card has the latest drivers from http://www.nvidia.com

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: