MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: WIndows 98 SE Startup Problem
June 17, 2019, 04:12:51 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2019, 04:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WIndows 98 SE Startup Problem  (Read 728 times)
Ceryeceon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2004, 11:46:37 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows 98 SE
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Generic, SIS630 MB  P3@700mhz
Error Messages: none...

First off, when I load up the computer, the cd-rom and cd-rw drives keep reading with nothing in them. Then after a few minutes the cd drives ejects by itself. Nothing is showing up on the monitor, just that activity. CD Drives are: HP CD-writer cd16 series and a Samsung 48x cd-rom drive. Nothing will load beyond that point. Once in a while it will load, and there will a CMOS error, but my keyboard won't respond, the cap locks, num lock and scroll lock lights just flash randomly.

SO any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AMD Athlon XP 3200 @ 2.2ghz
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MB
512mb Corsair TwinX LL DDR PC3200 RAM
120gb SATA WD HDD
Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 128mb
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 06:54:12 PM »

Hi,

Did you recently add the cdrom or cdrw drive and perhaps the master/slave jumper settings on the drives are set incorrectly?

Did this work before?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Ceryeceon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 05:51:29 AM »

The computer worked before, but then the next day it didn't for some unknown reason. I had the cd drives for a while, the cd-rw was added about 6 months after and it worked fine. I have no clue what happened to it. It won't even start up and if it does there's a CMOS error.. so I can't do anything about it. Maybe a virus got to it? I think it's my power supply though, if I leave it there it would turn on by itself somehow...

AMD Athlon XP 3200 @ 2.2ghz
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MB
512mb Corsair TwinX LL DDR PC3200 RAM
120gb SATA WD HDD
Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 128mb
sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 08:16:11 PM »

Hi CC,
What exactly is the cmos error.Also what do you mean by " if I leave it there it would turn on by itself somehow"?Do you mean it'll finally boot up & you can use it?
Take care.

Sandy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: