MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: explorer.exe error in network properties
July 23, 2019, 05:29:36 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2019, 05:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: explorer.exe error in network properties  (Read 5925 times)
brassonice

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2004, 07:21:51 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP Professional 2002

I need to access the properties for my Local Area Connection in order to migrate my computer on my school's network.

Every time I try to do this, Windows Explorer has an error.  I go through the start menu and to my control panel.  I then go through network connections and then select local area connection.  If I right click on the local area connection icon and select properties, or if I open the local area connection dialog box and then click the properties button, an error message pops up.  It says that Windows Explorer has a problem and needs to close.  It asks if I want to send an error report- I say no. Then, my taskbar disappears for a few seconds and then returns, and everything is back to normal - except I still can't see the properties.

Everything else has been working fine on my computer.  This error has been happening for over a month.

The tech staff here has told me to remove my network cards and then reinstall them, but for some reason my Device Manager freezes every time I try to do this as well.

Thanks for your help!

PartieHonteuse

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 09:53:20 PM »

could you try getting that error to come up again by viewing your network connection properties.  When the error comes up click the "Show details" button and paste that in a reply.
Blu ray

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:56:55 PM by PartieHonteuse » Logged

*Link Removed*
brassonice

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 10:03:42 PM »

The Error Signature is:

AppName: explorer.exe    AppVer: 6.0.2800.1221    ModName: netshell.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106    Offset: 00040f20

It won't let me copy the error report, but it mentions ntdll.dll, kernel32.dll, msvcrt.dll, advapi32.dll, ntdll.dll, oleaut32.dll, ole32.dll, shell32.dll, user32.dll, WININET.DLL, and winsock.dll.

Thanks for your help...

Tracy

Allbrex

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 07:34:33 PM »

I have the same error ....   AppName: explorer.exe    AppVer: 6.0.2800.1221    ModName: advapi32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106    Offset: 000017d8

I have no idea how to fix this and it is occuring so frequently that I am no longer able to open any folder without having this error pop up.  I would appreciate the help. Thankyou.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
Allbrex

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 07:37:06 PM »

I have windows xp

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 07:27:24 AM »

Try this....
Run the sfc /scannow command from the run line. You may need the XP OS cd.

It takes and refreshes the cache folder and all system dll files.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Allbrex

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 02:44:40 AM »

Thankyou very much for the help but unfortunately it did not work.  It appeared to at first, but within 10 seconds the error came back. Do you have any other ideas?Huh?

brassonice

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 06:04:17 AM »

Hey everyone...

I solved my computer error by going to a Microsoft Download site and downloading a script that for some reason fixed things.  Hopefully it will solve anyone else's errors.

The link is http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Good luck, thanks for your help everyone!

Tracy

Allbrex

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 11:34:53 PM »

Unfortunately for me that did not work as well. I downloaded the script from the link provided, but the same error occurs.  Anyone else have any suggestions?? Please let me know ASAP cause this problem has become a major irritation. Thankyou.

tralalix

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 11:29:45 AM »

It seems that this Error report: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1 generates from diffrent scenarios. In my case it appered on some sites.
I resolved it accidentally when i installed Netscape 7.1 and after that the error even disaperad in Explorer 6.1!!! Smiley (Win xp)
In my case proberly it was somthing with java that was not well installed.

rrrrramos

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 05:40:33 AM »

A simple fix to this is just installing the new Microsoft Service Pack 2. It fixed the problem for me (properties wouldn't show up on network right-click)

wayne1721

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2004, 07:49:23 PM »

I had a problem involving my network connections but only after downloading and installing windows xp service pack 2,,I unistalled it and all is well.

RNR1995

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 12:54:20 AM »

there is a file at c:\docs&settings\USERNAME\applicationdata\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT file delete it and all is well

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: