MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: My games crash!!!
April 07, 2020, 03:40:07 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 07, 2020, 03:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My games crash!!!  (Read 3618 times)
marcosci1234567890123

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2004, 04:18:47 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I ave three pc games so far but every one crashes and the weird thing is it isnt in the same place. i have been told to download geforcefx but it hasnt helped. i have windows xp home and a fujitsu siemens scaleo 600 pc. it has 256 mb graphic card, 1024 mb of memory, and i have directx 9.0 but on the back of the games it says directx 8.1 compatible. can you see any problems with anything? please help!:(Oh and also it is acomplete crah, the windows task bar doesnt come up and the sound cuts off. Please,Please help!!!!!!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 07:39:08 PM »

Hi,

What games are giving you problems?
What is the make and model of your video card?

Does the system crash using any other applications? If so, which one(s)?

Did you try temporally disabling any anti-virus software before launching the game?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
marcosci1234567890123

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 12:20:43 PM »

i know my computer has AMD Athlon[tm] XP 3000+, 2.10 Ghz and 1.00 GB of RAM but i dont know where to find the make of video card.

It crashes on the only three games ive got, Sim City 4, Space Colony and Ghost Master. i think it has crashed on the screensaver once.

No i havent tried disabling anything on norton antivirus.

I hope this helps. Thank you:)

Sollok

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 10:05:53 PM »

To update your Video/Sound card drivers, first and most importantly, you need to find out what Video or Sound card you have in your system. There are two easy ways to do this:

1. Via DXDIAG
Click Start
Click Run
Type in the word DXDIAG:
There are two tabs that you are concerned with: Display and Sound. Clicking on each tab will provide you with the information you need to determine what video or sound card you have, and what driver versions you are running (located under the Drivers area on the right side).

2. Via Device Manager
Right click on your My Computer icon, click on Properties, click on the Hardware Tab, then click the Device Manager button
You will see a multitude of information, but you are only concerned about the Display adapters and Sound, video, and game controllers area. Pressing the + on both areas will show you something similar to what you see above, also telling you exactly which sound and video card you have.
By double clicking on each piece of hardware, you can get more information, such as driver information.

-Sollok

marcosci1234567890123

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 06:35:15 PM »

my display card is NVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
Main driver is nv4_disp.dll.  Version=6.14.0010.4533[english]
WHQL logo'd= Yes
Mini VDD= nv4_mini.sys
Vdd= n/a
DDI version= 9[or higher]

Sound 1=  Realtek AC97 Audio
Drivers=  ALCXWDM.SYS
version=  5.10.00005290
WHQL   =  Yes
Provider= Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Sound 2=  Bluetooth Audio
Drivers=  btaudio.sys
version=  1.04.00010001
WHQL   =  No
Provider= WIDCOMM inc.

Hope that helps. THANKYOU

marcosci1234567890123

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 06:46:47 PM »

Also on the device manager tab, in the sound,video and game controllers, it gave me a list of this;

Audio Codecs, bluetooth audio, Legacy audio drivers, Legacy Video capture drivers, media control devices, MPU-401 compatible Midi device, nVidia WDM A/V Crossbar, nvidia WDM Video capture[ universal], Realtek AC'97 audio for Via [r]Audio controller, Standard game port, video codecs

Does that help?  THANKS ANYWAY.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: