MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: File and Folder Tasks bar - vanished!
December 12, 2019, 07:13:20 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 07:13:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: File and Folder Tasks bar - vanished!  (Read 1063 times)
etaknosnhoj

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2004, 04:20:11 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version: My Computer/Documents/File folders
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hi!
I have a little problem, not a huge one but it's puzzling and a bit annoying.  My computer seems to just randomly change settings when it feels like it.
When I opened up My Computer or My Documents or whatever in the past, there'd be a little taskbar on the left side that was headed 'file and folder tasks' or something.  It had links to other folders and tasks I could do, like copy and paste them, or write files to disk and that sort of thing.  i found it very useful - but now it's just not there, and I can't figure out where it's gone.  I looked on the help files (they really shouldn't call themselves 'help') and all I found was that it could be covered by an explorer bar, but it didn't say anything about making it go away completely.
Any ideas?

Crockett

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 12:40:15 AM »

Open up My Computer and on the toolbar go to Tools | Folder Options.
Under the Tasks heading, put a check beside " Show Common Tasks in Folders."

etaknosnhoj

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 10:47:06 AM »

So simple!  Thank you
K8x

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: