MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: HP pc and Radeon card?
September 18, 2019, 10:48:41 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2019, 10:48:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HP pc and Radeon card?  (Read 857 times)
Ratgirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2004, 09:02:18 AM »

I bought an HP Pavilion 3000+ (160 GB hd, flat panel display, 512 mb ram) two weeks ago and today I bought a Radeon graph card and had it installed at Best Buy. When I brought the tower home it wouldn't work; all I got was a message saying 'warning: PC is entering power saving mode.'After a few seconds the message disappears and the screen goes black. It will not respond to anything I do whatsoever and I never get a glimpse of a startup screen - just black with the little message window. I took it back to Best Buy and after some twiddling about at the keyboard they told me they fixed it..according to them it was a resolution thing. Brought it home and surprise, it's still not working. Same message, same everything. The tower is still making normal startup sounds and even plays the welcome screen music. This PC worked beautifully until I had that blasted card installed. Needless to say I am NOT a happy camper. (btw, I'm using my roomie's pc to post this. She isn't a happy camper either.:)Opinions, help??

sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 02:01:52 AM »

Hi RG,
Take it back to best buys again & let them fix it.Then make them hook it up to show you that it's working.If still problems,make them take back the video card & refund your money.
Take care.

Sandy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: