MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Canon printer missing lines of print
July 19, 2019, 08:29:23 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2019, 08:29:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canon printer missing lines of print  (Read 3602 times)
ww1961

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2004, 02:43:53 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:win98se
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Canon bjc265sp
Error Messages:nil

I recently had to reformat my drive and re-install windows onto my computer.

Since doing this .. my printer has white lines through the text, as if the print cartridge has a blocked jet. I have downloaded new drivers from canon website, and I have cleaned the printhead several times. This has only happened since re-installation. Help me please!

benditup

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 11:56:45 PM »

This isn't your exact printer but this is what Canon has to say

Quote:
Some of the nozzles inside the cartridge can become clogged not allowing any ink to flow onto the paper. It is suggested that five head cleanings be done to clear the clogged nozzles.

To perform a head cleaning, make sure that the printer is on and the light on the printer is steady green. Press and hold down the RESUME button for two beeps. After the head cleaning has been done five times, try printing again.

If there are still white streaks in the printout, remove the cartridge from the printer and wipe the bottom of the cartridge with some rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab. Try printing again. If there are still white streaks in the printout, the cartridge may be in need of replacement.
End Quote

On top of that of also heard of the problem being fixed by removing
the print cartride and running it under hot water for 10 seconds
(Just the bottom)
Let it dry and then replace, try again

I had an old HP printer, I had a similiar problem one time.
I put the print heads into simmering water because the above didn't work. 5 minutes later the cartridge started emitting ink. Let it dry
and it worked again..Do at your own risk:)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: