MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Looking for Drivers! arrow Topic: driver for hpoid407.exe
August 23, 2019, 11:10:12 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 11:10:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: driver for hpoid407.exe  (Read 8910 times)
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2004, 11:54:42 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows ME
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I just got my computer back from a checkup (and they had to reinstall Windows ME),it just wasn't booting up at all....and when I got it back the technician said it was fixed and purring like a kitten...that is until I got my hands on it again!  I keep getting a message that says:  unable to start driver for hpoid 407.exe (hpoid 407.exe).  And it still freezes all the time.  I plan to contact the repair people but I would like to know what it all means and why it is happening.  Any ideas?  It is 4 years old...maybe it is time to put it out to pasture!!  I don't have money to throw away but this machine is causing me a lot of stress!

Gere

sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 02:04:20 AM »

Hi G,
The hpoid is a printer driver.This should not freeze your computer.What does freeze a computer is usually a heat issue or a bad power supply.Sometimes a hardware or software issue will freeze it also.I would take it back & let them fix it since you've paid them.
You can open up the computer & see if they cleaned out the dust & animal dander(if you have pets),especially on the cpu fan & power supply fan.The people who repaired your computer should have done this as part of the repair.
Take care.

Sandy
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 07:29:02 PM »

Dear Sj1184:

Thank you for your response to my problem and for letting me know what hpoid referred to.  I had actually just reinstalled my printer.  Now, knowing that the driver refers to my printer, I have uninstalled it and will now download the installation from the HP website..as per their recommendations...as the chap said..."in case your disk is corrupt".

I am quite sure that the repairman did clean my fans, etc.  My CPU sits directly on the floor...maybe I should buy one of those little stands instead...maybe being on the floor makes it run "hot".  

Anyhow...this is a wonderful site.  It's great to be able to submit a problem and get an answer.  Thank you so much!

Gere

sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 10:23:04 PM »

You're welcome G.Smiley
It's best to have your computer at least a foot off the floor.The higher,the better.
Take care.Cool

Sandy
mrfixall

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 02:48:53 PM »

My computer says the hpoid407.exe unable to run  or start driver have reinstalled it but it still comes up the same.  Then installed it on the laptop and it does the same thing with the retp warning staying on the screen.  I downloaded the files from hp but they did the same thing?  I deleted all the printer files and now bought a hp 3500 to see if it will run on the laptop.  It does but the hpoid407.exe still comes up on it although the new printer works?  On the desk top it backs out of the new printer file and says to run it again?

sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 08:14:04 PM »

Hi Mr F,
As long as the the printer is working,lets try & get rid of the "hpoid407.exe" message.Click start>run,key in "msconfig" without the quotes.When the configuration window opens,click "startup" at the top.See if "hpoid407.exe" id listed.If it is,uncheck it.Click apply,then ok & restart the computer.
Take care.

Sandy
Espetus

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:25:42 PM »

I'm having problems setting up my hp psc 750 printer. I receive this error hpoid407.exe, because my source CD won't completely run. It stops running at 94%, stating that it has, and to continue to the next step. How can I get my source CD to run completely? I'm running Windows 98SE.
Espetus

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »

Greetings Everyone:

This is Espetus following-up on my last post regarding the trouble I'm having setting up my hp psc 750 printer. I have received this RTL error before, stating that hpoid407.exe, can't be ran. In the past I have found a way to run my printer, but not this time. My Source CD won't completely run, it stops at 94%. How can I get my source CD to run 100%?
Does anyone have software that I can download? Please help.
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 11:11:38 AM »

If I was you, I'd contact HP directly and see if they know a way to tackle this problem.

It's entirely possible that you have to completely uninstall the printer software, and I mean all of it, before trying a reinstall. But don't do anything rash until you've had a word with the HP tech department.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: