MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: upgrading a computer to run faster
July 23, 2019, 06:12:35 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2019, 06:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: upgrading a computer to run faster  (Read 969 times)
skaterboi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2004, 05:34:25 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: windows 98 second edition
Problem Application Name & Version: skaterboi
Problem Hardware Make & Model: dell computer
Error Messages:

How can updated my computer to run faster in most games application?
What should i replace a good hardware? My computer has a processor clock of 75 megaherzt the ram is 16 mb the video card is s3 trio of 1 mb..
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 02:44:37 AM by skaterboi » Logged

sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 06:47:41 PM »

Hi SB,
Is the green l.e.d. on the front lit?Do you have another monitor to try or can you borrow one to try?Do you have another computer to hook up to the samsung monitor?
Take care.

Sandy
skaterboi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 02:03:23 AM »

I mean the monitor is completly dead, in the other hand there is no current power when i Switch the on & off What is going to be a problem? the green L.E.D is ok, the fuse is ok, what are the causes maybe its the power supply or something else? would u help me please!!   I appreciate that concern thanks!!! a lot!!

sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 03:07:40 AM »

Hi SB,
You need some electronics background & test equipment if you're gonna try & fix this.It's definitely a power supply problem.The first thing I would do is plug it in another outlet & try to power it up.It could be a bad wall outlet.The power switch could be shot.You can check the switch with an ohmmeter for continuity.Then you would have to open it up & see if there's a fuse.If there is,see if it's blown.If the fuse is blown,replace it with the exact same amperage.If it blows immediately,then there's a short somewhere in the power supply.Then you would have to start troubleshooting it looking for the short.Possibly a shorted transistor,capacitor,resistor,etc.
It's not worth taking it to a repair shop.What they would charge,for not much more you could buy a new one.
Take care.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 03:11:01 AM by sj1184 » Logged

Sandy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: