MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Pc keeps restarting when connecting to internet
November 14, 2019, 02:25:32 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 02:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pc keeps restarting when connecting to internet  (Read 1544 times)
nobody2ph

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2004, 01:42:41 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:SoftK56 Data Fax Voice CARP Modem
Error Messages:

Please Help, my Pc keeps restarting when connecting to internet

Dizzy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 09:41:41 PM »

Hi nobody2ph,

Welcome to the forum. Grin

Are you getting any error messages?  Anything like RPC?  It is possible that you have the blaster worm (msblast.exe)  Enable your XP firewall, get online and download This Patch from Microsoft.  If you get any error messages when trying to download the patch (error 0x800A138F), clear your TIF's and try again.  If you receive the error again, please post back and we can take it from there.

If you get the RPC Shutdown message again (if this is what is happening to begin with), you can disable the shutdown by doing the following:

Go to Start | Run and type in CMD and press Enter
Now type in the following command (exactly):
SHUTDOWN -A and press enter.

This will stop the shutdown, but in many cases your system will be unstable and need to be rebooted anyway.  At any rate, with the firewall enabled you shouldn't receive the RPC Shutdown message and should be able to aquire the patch.

If you can, please post any error messages that you are getting.  That will help us to help you better.

Keep us posted.

Dizzy

I am a "One Off Gem."

Just ask My Julian. [Cheesy]
nobody2ph

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 01:02:10 AM »

My Pc just got formatted and it can't connected to the internet because it restarts during dial-up. after it restarts, at the desktop it shows that the "system has recovered from a serious error" I viewed the technical information and these files were involved C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini033104-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Dizzy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 02:02:35 AM »

Ahhhhhh, I see.  This KB Article should be of help then.

I am a "One Off Gem."

Just ask My Julian. [Cheesy]
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: