MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: CM4 and Vice City
November 22, 2019, 01:02:33 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 01:02:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM4 and Vice City  (Read 2059 times)
gaz33

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2004, 05:47:45 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I have Championship Manager 4 and Grand Theft Auto :Vice City installed on my hard drive.However when i open the main exe file to start the game nothing happens.The good news is i know whats wrong.I have norton system works installed on my computer and when i removed this the games worked.however i cannot uninstall norton as my hard drive has many problems (bad sectors) so i need norton installed as my hard drive fails without it.Does anyone know a way round this problem?

breezeit

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 09:57:54 PM »

maybe the exe file is corrupt thats y u can run it without the norton antivirus.

Darksniper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 08:50:05 AM »

try getting a new hard drive.  They are fairly cheap now,  the prices for a 7200rpm one arent as steap as they used to be.

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 12:46:46 PM »

In some game manuals they recommend that you disable the "auto-protect" feature of Norton Anti-Virus which is part of System Works. It's happened to other people that the AV stops the game from running for whatever reason. Reinstall System Works and before you try to run the game, go into the settings for Norton Anti-Virus and disable the auto-protect feature. Try to run the game now and see if it makes any difference.

Try that first to see if it works it would be better than buying a new hard drive.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
Darksniper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 09:39:21 PM »

Yeah but when a hard drive is that worn out it should probably be the next replacement.  Thats all im saying.

max2

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 01:17:34 AM »

i have the same problem when i click on the exe file nothing comes or happens on the screen then i removed the anti viris norton the same problem happen so please help me.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: