MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Pops between tracks on audio cds
November 15, 2019, 05:46:58 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2019, 05:46:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pops between tracks on audio cds  (Read 661 times)
ww1961

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2004, 09:31:50 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: win98se
Problem Application Name & Version: all cd burning software
Problem Hardware Make & Model: acer cd-rw
Error Messages:nil

I do not know if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. Since I have tried 2 different burner programs, I decided to place my problem here.

HOW DO I BURN AUDIO CD'S WITHOUT THE LOUD POP IN BETWEEN TRACKS.

Thanx in advance.

sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 02:07:15 AM »

Hi WW,
This could be caused by a defect in the sound card hardware, but most likely it is caused by a problem in the software driver of your sound card.
The Sound Recorder is totally depending on the quality of the sound card hardware and software driver, for the digitizing process.
Here are some recommendations and things to check, in order of likeliness that they cause the problem:
Check if there is an update available for the software driver of your sound card.
Most manufacturers of sound cards have an Internet site where free updates can be downloaded.
Make sure that no other tasks are active on your computer, while you are recording.
The activity of other tasks, could have a negative impact on the response time of other processes like the recording process, causing short skips and pops.
Do not forget about the tasks sitting in the "system tray" of Windows. That is where the clock is displayed, at the bottom right hand of the screen. Usually this is where programs like virus scanners are active.
Also, if you have a continuous Internet connection (through cable or (A)DSL for example), it is best to disconnect it while you are recording.
Check the hard disk light on your computer.
While recording, it should blink just shortly every 2 or 3 seconds. If the light blinks constantly and if you constantly hear hard disk activity while you are recording, then the speed of your hard disk could be the problem.
What might help then, is to de-fragment your hard disk. This can be done with the hard disk de-fragmentation tool that comes with Windows and it can be found in the Start menu under Programs / Accessories / System tools / Defragmentation.

Sandy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: