MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Windows XP attempts to load existing software.
November 22, 2019, 12:06:19 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 12:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windows XP attempts to load existing software.  (Read 1558 times)
holysmokes

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2004, 08:16:07 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Each time I boot up, Windows XP reports that its found another device. (HP Deskjet 3820 Printer, which has been on the system for several moths already.) It then prompts me for the software disk. I have uninstalled then re-installed the software three times. Yet each time I reboot, it asks for the software again as if it was never loaded. If I don't insert the disk, it then attempts to upload the software anyhow and tosses an I/O problem on the screen and says it cannot continue.The printer appears to operate just fine. I'd just like to make Windows stop asking me to reload the software each time it reboots. Computer type; HP pavilion 554E

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 04:20:43 AM »

You are not alone with this but there are a few fixes that have worked for others...
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/parseCurl.do?CURL=%2Fcm%2FQuestionAnswer%2F1%2C%2C0x5dcd35067c18d6118ff40090279cd0f9%2C00.html&forumId=2&admit=716493758+1081484009327+28353475

An Australian Member of

EDDY
benditup

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 10:00:18 AM »

Pancake, you seem to be infected with Long Link Syndrome
SmileySmileySmiley

Just kidding

holysmokes

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 03:08:31 PM »

It appears as though your link helped. I'm very surprised that HP still doesn't seem to have any "fixes" on their site though....especially after reviewing the size and scope of this problem. Thanks for you help Pancake.

railwasher

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 03:06:33 PM »

Holysmokes,
I need a huge favor.  I see you are also using an HP554e.  I am trying to locate some software originally supplied with my PC (just had the HD replaced the PC had to be rebuilt from scratch ie. didn't use the system recovery utility or CD).  We used an application that was critical to our business.  I can't recall what it was called HP Photo and Image View or HP Image and Fax Viewer, or something like that.  Will you look on your PC and let me know if you have any HP image editing software and let me know exactly what it is called.
Thanks,
Sherman

quote:
Originally posted by holysmokes

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Each time I boot up, Windows XP reports that its found another device. (HP Deskjet 3820 Printer, which has been on the system for several moths already.) It then prompts me for the software disk. I have uninstalled then re-installed the software three times. Yet each time I reboot, it asks for the software again as if it was never loaded. If I don't insert the disk, it then attempts to upload the software anyhow and tosses an I/O problem on the screen and says it cannot continue.The printer appears to operate just fine. I'd just like to make Windows stop asking me to reload the software each time it reboots. Computer type; HP pavilion 554E

holysmokes25

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 06:37:19 PM »

Hi Sherman,

The only thing I can find is a program called, "HP Photo & Imaging Gallery version 1.1"  I do have a suggestion for you though. When I purchased this computer I found out the hard way that HP no longer supplies the original system discs. Their argument is that we can use the, "Restore" feature. I asked them to explain how I could reload a new hard drive should it ever fail. They had no answer. I insisted that they send me the discs. They sent them via the mail, but charged me five bucks for shipping, as I recall. It was money well spent. I strongly suggest you do the same. They can send you the SPECIFIC discs for your machine if you give them your serial number.

Good luck,
Holysmokes

railwasher

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 07:29:28 PM »

Holysmokes,

I believe that's the application I am looking for.  I now have the recorvery CDs, but I understand the applications are compressed and not visible as with reconizable names on the CD (I took a look and they are have number designaitons instead.  I am beginning to understand that the only way to restore a single application is to perform a system restore, something I don't want to have to resort to, since I am just now getting my machine sorted out again.

If you don't mind, can I get you to reply off list at info@practicalsailingsolutions.com  

Again, Thanks,
Sherman

quote:
Originally posted by holysmokes25

Hi Sherman,

The only thing I can find is a program called, "HP Photo & Imaging Gallery version 1.1"  I do have a suggestion for you though. When I purchased this computer I found out the hard way that HP no longer supplies the original system discs. Their argument is that we can use the, "Restore" feature. I asked them to explain how I could reload a new hard drive should it ever fail. They had no answer. I insisted that they send me the discs. They sent them via the mail, but charged me five bucks for shipping, as I recall. It was money well spent. I strongly suggest you do the same. They can send you the SPECIFIC discs for your machine if you give them your serial number.

Good luck,
Holysmokes

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: