MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Help ! I Deleted folders by mistake :-(
November 14, 2019, 01:37:20 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 01:37:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help ! I Deleted folders by mistake :-(  (Read 909 times)
Mulldoon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2004, 04:37:00 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Helloo.... well,I've just done summink very silly and wonder if it can be undone ? ..

I am using Win XP Home'ED and was using an ftp 'TU TuFtp' which I haven't really used before.  So, there I was trying to fathom out how this thing worked and how it could perahps help me with my web page.  I had opened a file from 'My Docs' wich contained a lot of sub folders as well as other odds & stuff, I wanted to upload a particular file into the webspace etc etc... anyhoo... as I said, I didnt no what I was doing or how to do it, and there was a lot of those folders in the window oposite to the main list that I opened and I only wanted a couple of files..I assumed the seperate window wasn't important and decided to delete the folders I didnt want !!!... after I did this, I wondered if I had made a boo boo Shocked and so checked the Recycle Bin ! but what I had deleted wasnt there, so I assumed all was well... However, on returning to normal comp stuff, I went into my Docs and found that the folders I had deleted in the  TuFTP programme  werent there !... I have done a search on my comp for the missing folders and cannot find them... I tried restoring my Comp to a former time, but alas, no return of folders..

Well, as you can see, I have well and truly blundered, and what I would like to know first is, why were they not put into the recycle bin ? and where are they Huh? have they been wiped completely off my HDrive ?

The folders contain all sorts like jpegs and txt .. nothing majorly important to any softwares or programes.. but I would stiil like to get them back if its possible ? Any Help would make my day a little brighter !!! Thanx Grin

Petlydecker

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 02:42:24 PM »

Hello:

This might be of use to you (Restoration 2.5.14) it is freeware:
www.pcwelt.de/downloads/utilities/datensicherheit/28808/

Petlydecker

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

I think that link has become dead for some reason. Try this webpage instead. Click the Restoration.zip link on the left side of the page.

Good luck!

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html

Mulldoon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 12:05:26 PM »

Grin  Thanks for the link.... it's certainly a very good piece of software to have !!... Unfortunatly for me, even though it found the files I lost ( mostly jpegs & giffs ) most of them were corrupted and unsavable.. Sad .. nevermind .. it just goes to show, that backing up your important stuff on disk is important ! and I certainly will be doing that in the future Wink

Thanx again for taking the time to help xxx Mully

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: