MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Bad screen flicker
November 22, 2019, 12:56:56 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 12:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad screen flicker  (Read 1005 times)
twofilm

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2004, 03:35:32 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows 98
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

My screen has begun to flicker very noticebly whenever I am on the internet or when I am using any program such as Word etc.  It is not a constant flicker but happens when I use the mouse or open a program or open e-mails or do almost anything.  It is almost like the fliker that happens when a florescent lite is about to burn out.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks.  Kirby

Dizzy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 10:52:54 PM »

Hi Kirby,

Is there anything like a fan, fax machine or telephone next to your monitor?  If so, move it away and see if that helps.

I don't think this is it, but have you tried degausing?

How old is your monitor?  Have you installed anything new just prior to this happening?  You mentioned that this happens when you are on the internet, does it happen when you are off line as well?  Have you recently moved your computer?

Dizzy

I am a "One Off Gem."

Just ask My Julian. [Cheesy]
twofilm

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 01:53:46 AM »

Hello Dizzy,
Thanks for responding to my question.  I have checked the items that you have suggested but nothing seems to be near the monitor that wasn't there before.  But I am happy to report that the flickering has stopped all by itself.  I don't know why it started or why it quit.  Just glad it's gone...for now.  Thanks again.
Kirby

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: