MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: system crashed
December 15, 2019, 02:27:38 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2019, 02:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: system crashed  (Read 913 times)
luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2004, 11:23:05 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:dell optiplex G110
Problem Application Name & Version:windows xp home
Problem Hardware Make & Model:motorola SM56
Error Messages:cannot detect the modem

Hello first at all I have a program called "WIN CLEAN" is a very good program until I clicked a wrong button ,and for that I think I erased my windows xp home ,anyway my screen was all blue ,there was no screensavers,seems like my computer was empty, anyway I have a idea to rebooted and using a windows xp reinstalled ,also was kind of upgrade ,well everyhting was ok come as before but when I tried to log on the internet is imposible ,I know to; to se up a dial up connection on the INTERNET OPTIONS (tab) click CONNECTION (tab) in that window or folder I cannot set up my dial up because the area " CHOOSE SETTINGS IF YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE A PROXY SERVER FOR A CONNECTION" the option "NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION " IS ON  and the other options " DIAL WHATEVER A NETWORK CONNECTION IS NOT PRESENT" is kind of disable is all gray not highlihgted;so I cannot click that button,also the next option " ALLWAYS DIAL MY DEFAULT CONNECTION" IS ON THE SAME SITUATION"  so I cannot set up a new connection for my dial up .....and my modem is not detected .....I hope somebody understand this and please help me .....

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 08:54:52 PM »

luishugo:

No offense, but you sound a little lost. It sounds like you have quite a few problems. It is always good to do a clean install of Windows, without upgrading, and by completely erasing the hard drive first. (making sure, of course, that you have backed up all your data and your favourites and e-mail etcetera.)  Perhaps you would be best off to have a professional install windows and get it ready for your internet connection, and then learn how to manage Windows.

Shplad

luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 11:10:34 PM »

Thanks amigo ,last night I tried to fix this ,but my modem wasn't ,so I get tired and a professional fixed so ,I got some knowlwedge but not at all ,so my machine know is running  like a pentium 4 ....everything is fixed ,hasta la vista.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: