MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: My PC Shut Down out of nowhere
December 12, 2019, 10:09:29 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 10:09:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My PC Shut Down out of nowhere  (Read 715 times)
kissmyascii

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2004, 05:08:57 AM »

One day my pc just turned off.  I opened it up and my board doesn't seem to be fried or anything.  The jumpers are on the right setting as well. I switched power supplies but that didn't change anything.  I tried to turn it on again but it just wouldn't go on.  No POST or anything. Could it be that my processor is fried up, or the power switch wire is messed up, is the CMOS battery bad, what could it be? If anyone has had any problems like this I'd appreciate the help.  Thank You

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 09:27:53 PM »

kissmyascii:

Love your handle, by the way. This smacks of being a power management issue. Is the machine plugged directly into the wall? If you're using a power bar, or other device in between, unplug it, leave the machine unplugged for 15 minutes or so, then plug the machine directly into the wall socket. Your socket IS grounded, isn't it?

What do you mean by "turned off"? do you mean it would never come back on again after you shut it off, or that it actually shut itself down and switched itself off.

Details, we need details.

Shplad

kissmyascii

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 02:12:04 AM »

Well...one day I was playing SIM Golf then out of the blue it turned off.  I'm using windows 2000 and used it in school and it's never happened before.  Its plugged into a power strip (a good one too) and everything else plugged into it, such as the monitor and speakers, so at least I know the problem is isolated to the PC itself.  Like i mentioned, i used a different power supply and still it won't turn on.  If i leave it unplugged for a while, plug it back in and turn it on...it powers on for a second and shuts right back down. I did that with the side panel off and the CPU fan and the tower fan move for a split second.  I try to turn it on after that and theres no power at all.  Not even a little.  Please somebody help me.  I just started playing Diablo 2.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: