MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: cd drive wont read
September 20, 2019, 11:27:14 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2019, 11:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: cd drive wont read  (Read 742 times)
SPOD

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2004, 11:46:59 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: xp home
Problem Application Name & Version: N/A
Problem Hardware Make & Model: unknown
Error Messages:none

My cd drive wont read any disks. when I insert a cd the indercator light blinks for about 30 sec then stops. when I open my e drive I get no message saying there is no disk but no data shows up either. I dont hear the cd spining also.

Dizzy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 09:14:10 PM »

Hi SPOD,

Welcome to My Tech Support.  Grin

Mine started doing that when it was dying on me.  I was able to get it to work again a few times by going into Device Manager, removing it, rebooting and allowing Windows to detect the "new" hardware - but ultimately it had to be replaced.  You could give that a try and see if it works.  You might also open it up and see if any of the connections are lose.

Let us know how it goes.

Dizzy

I am a "One Off Gem."

Just ask My Julian. [Cheesy]
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: