MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
August 21, 2019, 01:30:44 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2019, 01:30:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME  (Read 836 times)
wendyr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2004, 11:20:34 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:windows xp home
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

my pc was running ok last night but when i switched it on this morning i heard a pop/bang and now theres no power at all coming from it, no light nothing, its totally dead, i just got the pc off my dad and he had no problems whatsoever. im new to computers so i dont really understand what is what but i know everythings in the right place. thanks.

Alok

Alok

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 11:26:47 AM »

dear wen
first check the cables and port connections
knodly ensure that no cable is loose connected
actually when pc start giving sound/beeps at starting there may be
loose connections is there
if incase you find any error message at starting kindly let me know but first check the loose connections
and give responce
bye

ALOK TIWARI
mralokkp
wendyr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 11:41:02 AM »

hello thanks for your reply, yes i checked all the connections, it was as i switched it on i heard something go bang or pop, and there was no power. ive connected my old pc back up and im really upset, its just an old base with a 1 gig hard drive so you can imagine what its like Sad  i only had the new tower a couple of days (its not new but its great and my dad had no bother with it)

sj1184

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 07:54:22 PM »

Hi Wendy,
Sounds like the power supply or motherboard is shot.The bang you heard is probably a transistor or capacitor that blew up.
Take care.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 07:56:19 PM by sj1184 » Logged

Sandy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: