MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Outlook attachments missing when received by OE
August 23, 2019, 11:33:14 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 11:33:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outlook attachments missing when received by OE  (Read 955 times)
MikeS

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2004, 01:40:08 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP Pro
Problem Application Name & Version: Outlook 2003 & Outlook Express
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I recently installed Office 2003 and use Outlook 2003 as my mail client.  When I send an email with an attachment, recipients using Outlook Express do not get the attachment at all.  It doesn't seem to matter what type of attachment.  This is not an issue of OE blocking the attachment because it is unsafe.  My Outlook 2003 shows
the attachment on the sent email.  If I send to someone using Lotus Notes, the Notes client receives the attachment.  I found KB article 290809, and it sounds like my problem, but my message format was already set to HTML as recommended.  If I use Plain Text format, the
attachment works, but I don't want to use plain text.  I had no problem with this using Outlook 2000. Please help!!

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 03:11:58 AM »

Mike:

I wouldn't be so sure that it's not an Outlook security issue. Outlook 2003 treats attachments very differently than, say, OE 5.0

You might try renaming the attachment file ending to a file ending unrecognized by Windows. For example "BBB". Then resend it to a recipient with OE and see if they can open the attachment.

What settings is your recipient using for security? Internet Zone? Local Zone?  Perhaps they are even in a corporate environment in which attachments from certain recipients are stripped out at the local e-mail server?  

Shplad

quote:
Originally posted by MikeS

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP Pro
Problem Application Name & Version: Outlook 2003 & Outlook Express
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I recently installed Office 2003 and use Outlook 2003 as my mail client.  When I send an email with an attachment, recipients using Outlook Express do not get the attachment at all.  It doesn't seem to matter what type of attachment.  This is not an issue of OE blocking the attachment because it is unsafe.  My Outlook 2003 shows
the attachment on the sent email.  If I send to someone using Lotus Notes, the Notes client receives the attachment.  I found KB article 290809, and it sounds like my problem, but my message format was already set to HTML as recommended.  If I use Plain Text format, the
attachment works, but I don't want to use plain text.  I had no problem with this using Outlook 2000. Please help!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: