MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: TCP/IP and IPCONFIG Connection Problems
July 10, 2020, 05:15:47 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 10, 2020, 05:15:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TCP/IP and IPCONFIG Connection Problems  (Read 1444 times)
bgsuwoody

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2004, 10:34:19 AM »

Ok so I got the sasser worm, and before I knew it would be easier to get rid of I installed XP pro to a computer with XP HOME then after I found out I couldn't get an internet connection with PRO I went back to XP HOME. Here is the prediciment. My computer automatically reads a connection (1394 Lan Connection) but it is not coming from my ethernet card, because if I unplug it or anything it is still read. I try to use TCP/IP to find my IP and it cant find anything it says everything is unavailable. Also if i run ipconfig it shows absolutely nothing. No error or anything. I have tried to refresh it and everything, but nothing is working. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 04:30:00 AM »

bgsuwoody:

whoooooooah. Slow down partner!  So now you have XP home, right?  What do you mean when you say your computer "reads a connection"?  If by what you said, you mean that your computer displays an interface listing for the 1394 port, what's wrong with that? That's just a firewire port.

What are you trying to connect to? The Internet? Another machine? A private lan?
What is your network setup? Are you using a cablemodem? DSL? Router? We need more details in order to help.

Shplad

shipmate

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 12:49:21 PM »

shipmate
bought an etec wireless  router and two x micro adapters to create a home network system.got the main desktop to connect to router and broadband internet ok.
other desktop and notebook have adapters installed ok but i cant connect them all together!!
have run wizards galore but no luck.
one desktop is windows ME,the others are XP home.
any ideas?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: