MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Nvidia problem (video too dark)
October 23, 2019, 04:02:13 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2019, 04:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nvidia problem (video too dark)  (Read 900 times)
merkin189

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2004, 09:14:47 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:winxp
Problem Application Name & Version:nvidia (all drivers)
Problem Hardware Make & Model:riva tnt2 m64 32mb
Error Messages:none

Hi, can anyone help?  I've just upgraded to xp from 98se and am now having trouble with graphics card!  
I found new drivers and installed them but video playback is now too dark, i used to have this trouble with 98 but i could just adjust the video overlay in the advanced properties of the driver and it worked fine.  Everytime i try to do this with xp the overlay/vcd options are greyed out and also the full screen options!
Is this something i'm missing or deos my pc not support this feature with xp?
I'm runnig an AMD athlon 750.
Any help would be good as this is getting annoying!!

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 04:42:10 AM »

merkin 189:

When you say "upgraded" do you mean in the technical sense, that you installed XP over top 98SE, using all the same folders and your existing installation, or do you mean that you wiped the hard drive clean and reinstalled from scratch (what we techs call a "clean install")?

The reason I ask is because if it is the former, you are bound to have all kinds of problems. You may want to reconsider if that's the case. However, in video card situations, your best bet is to check to see if you have the latest drivers installed, and if you still aren't getting good results, call nVidia for support.

Shplad

merkin189

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 08:49:30 AM »

Hi, yes i did a format and clean install. got all the latest drivers and still having trouble.  Where would i get nvidia number from as they don't even have there own support team? also the card is an absolute multimedia which have now got no web site either anymore?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: