MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Boot Problems
September 22, 2019, 06:57:39 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 06:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boot Problems  (Read 1258 times)
ckearns

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2004, 08:18:25 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP Home
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Compaq Presario 4300US with UWAVE2 motherboard
Error Messages:

Recently purchased a new motherboard and put everything back together. The computer will not even load the bios. I get no signal at monitor. I know the ram is good and power supply is good. I tried to clear the CMOS, but that did not help. It is an AMD 950 Duron processor. I don't know what else to do? Could it be the CPU? I have been messing with this thing for almost a month. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 03:27:44 AM »

Hi ckearns:

Are you certain the CPU is good? Have you changed CPUs too or is this the
same CPU you started with. What I'm getting at here is whether you need
to change Voltages on the board for a diff. cpu.

Is the power supply fan coming on? Are you getting any beeps from the machine
as it tries to boot?  Try unplugging all the expansion cards except for the video card and see if the machine goes any further. If that doesn't work, try unplugging the mouse and keyboard. The idea is to narrow down the problme as far as possible.

Let us know what happens.

shplad

ckearns

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 12:02:04 PM »

thanks for the reply shplad:

no, i'm not certain the CPU is good. it is the same one that i started with, and i do not have another to try. the power supply fan is coming on. there isn't any expansion cards in it. it has an integrated video card. i am not getting any beeps when i start it. the power supply and fan will come on when i press the power button, but nothing happens. i get no signal to monitor just as if it weren't even turned on. i was wondering if a bad CPU would cause this.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: