MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Ventrilo not connecting
September 16, 2019, 09:30:12 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 09:30:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ventrilo not connecting  (Read 1144 times)
Raisin

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2004, 08:25:32 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version: Ventrilo 2.2
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Sony Vaio
Error Messages: Unable to connect

I use Ventrilo(voice/ip program) with my friends to communicate in online games.  I have had zero problems for the last year or so.  Last night i was disconnected and could not reconnect.  The server is up and running fine...in fact...i was the only one that dropped.  I cleaned my system of Spyware and a bud showed me how to ping the server.  I tried to ping it through dos and all i kept getting was that it was timing out...never would connect.  He also told me to run WinSock, and that didn't work either.  I have uninstalled programs that I don't use and even tried to connect with the firewall disabled, still no go.  It seems that something, maybe another program, is preventing ventrilo from connecting to the net.  I've also tried the obvious such as reinstall Ventrilo and made sure IP and port and password are correct.  Is there a way to find out what programs use what means to connect to the net and if so to configure it.  I really would like to avoid a complete reformat and such since this is my only problem.  
P4, 2.2GHz
700+ RAM
Comcast Cable for internet
Norton Firewall
Speedstream Router-2 port for sharing internet with mac, no file sharing
ip to connect to ventrilo is 69.93.232.106

NEED HELP!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: