MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow General Discussions arrow Topic: Screeching PC!
October 24, 2019, 12:54:01 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2019, 12:54:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Screeching PC!  (Read 899 times)
ElwoodPDowd

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2004, 11:22:08 AM »

Hi

I have recently bought a new PC. 64bit AMD Athlon, 512mb ram. Has worked fine for first 10 days or so then thsi morning when I turn it on I get a loud high pitched screeching noise coming from the CPU. The PC works fine but my ear drums now do not. I have a blue panel on the front which shows the temperature etc but now all the lcd bits of that diaplay are lit at once so I'm guessing that's something to do with the problem. It's driving me insane. Anyone any ideas? Much appreciated, thanks.

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 10:21:39 PM »

Hey,

I think this topic should be in the hardware problems forum, but anyway.
If the PC is under warranty I'd get whoever you bought it off to take a look at it. If it's new like you say it is it shouldn't be doing that. What kind of PC is it, a custom PC or a brand PC?

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
Dizzy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 01:44:18 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by KaTaLy5t

If the PC is under warranty I'd get whoever you bought it off to take a look at it. If it's new like you say it is it shouldn't be doing that.
Agreed!  Take it back.  They should either fix it or replace it.  Do it now before your store warranty expires.  I don't know about in the UK, but most stores in my area of the US only allow returns/exchanges for a short period of time....then you are stuck sending the sucker back to the manufacturer for repairs.

Don't try to fix it yourself, this may void the warranty.  Just take it back.

Good luck to you,
Dizzy

I am a "One Off Gem."

Just ask My Julian. [Cheesy]
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: