MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Back up software
August 24, 2019, 05:15:26 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2019, 05:15:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back up software  (Read 736 times)
sipapu

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2004, 10:58:04 PM »

Used Drive Image 6 on old machine (WIN 85)-worked great. Updated to new machine (WIN XP) Drive Image 6 failed. Symantec said get version 7;   Did so with new problem. Kept getting notice of successful back up but failed verification. Spent a month with Symantec, never solved problem. Purchased -Acronis True Image with same problem;  successful backup but failed verification
Have sent 3 e-mails to Aronis with no response to date. Here are copies of the 3 e-mails.

1.  Just loaded True Image version 7.  Went to your web site and noticed an update (Build 611). I down loaded it and started to install (my build number is 572). It seemed that it wanted to reinstall the entire program rather that just upgrade build 572. Am I doing something wrong; please advise.
2. Tried my first backup yesterday. All seemed to go well but I noted that the back up file was split into two parts (Backup 1.tib consisting of 3.94 GBytes and Backup 2.tib consisting of 2.45 GBytes). This despite the fact that I did not call for splitting up the backup.  I have two hard drives on my computer. One (my main drive) is partitioned into two drives of 58 and 55 GBytes; both in NFTS form). The second hard drive is not partitioned and consists of 28.62 GBytes in FAT32 form. Both the Acronis Back up program and the backed up files reside on the G hard drive.  Could this spit be caused by the fact that my G drive is in Fat 32 form while the other hard drives are  in NFTS form. I seem to recall that FAT 32 will only handle 4 MBytes. If so will this cause a problem in restoring the data and would you recommend that I change the G drive to NFTS form?
3.  Ran a back up and tried verification, which failed (see attachment). There was no reason given so I don't know how to proceed  I backed up my main CD drive which is NFTS (partition C) to a second hard drive which is FAT 32 (disc G). The Acronis program resides on the same hard drive (G) as the backups. Should the Acronis back up program be on the main hard drive (disc C)?

Have attached a copy of the error report of the computer data requested by AAcronis (Report.txt).

It sure would be nice if I could back up my C drive BEFORE a problem presents itself.

Download Attachment: report.txt 107.42 KB
Right click and select Save Target As... then rename the file as shown here and save.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: