MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: computer restarts constantly! [help asap]
August 24, 2019, 05:45:33 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2019, 05:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: computer restarts constantly! [help asap]  (Read 1551 times)
dice

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2004, 09:16:31 PM »

my computer is not working! ive just ordered my custom comptuer from Monarch Computers about a week ago, and ive been trying to fix it since then. i've only seen this thing run once!
im very pissed, and it seems that monarch computers doesnt want to reply to my post at their forum, so now im really pissed. this is what i put on the forum:

quote:
i installed one of the CD's for the PC i think its CHI or something, then the pc restarted and ever since than its not coming back. when running safe mode or any mode after re-start it just automatically re-starts.

installed:
Video card
Excalibur Radeon 7000
M-audio 2496 soundcard

i've installed the driver's for the Radeon 7000 and the M-audio soundcard.

please help, i've tried fixing this computer for about a week straight now, and its still doing the same thing. i've only seen this computer active once since delivery.

thanks!

dice.s kombo-teck.

please help. this is my DAW (digital audio workstation) system and i havent been able to construct music for about a 2weeks and some change.

a roster of what i know so far:

OS is Windows XP

the "chi" cd is a cd from Ulead called "Video Studio 7 SE Basic".

the computer was working fine before the installation of the m-audio sound card.

the radeon card was baught seperatley from new egg.

the 2496 was baught seperatley as well.

the radeon card and the 2496 was installed already before the computer was turned on for the first time. it didnt show anything so my brother got an old video card from our dusted computer, and installed that. we installed the cd for the radeon then, and the radeon was working fine.

after the drivers were installed on the computer (radeon CD, and M-audio 2496 CD), because we didnt have anything inside the computer besides win XP, we decided to install the cds that came with the computer. the "CHI" CD was installed and ever since then the computer keeps restarting.

Error Messages: dont really know because im not much of a computer guy, but theres a screen asking me to press "F1" or "DEL", i press F1 to continue, and DEL to goto system. i press F1 and it keeps on restarting.
it doesnt read my Floppy or CD ROM neither!

a roster of what my computer is made of:
note: the bold serial number, is the product number at monarch computers

Power Supply: 100258 - PS 480W - Thermaltake W0019RUC Purepower
Motherboards: 110759 - AMD-OPTERON - MSI K8T Master2-FAR SATA/8X Processors: 120763 - AMD Opteron 146 2.0GHz 1MB 64/32-Bit (sin
2nd Processor: None
Thermal Grease: 800018 - Shin-Etsu G675 Thermal Grease (Cools
Memory: 140881 - DDR (400) 3200 REG ECC - 1 GB (2 pcs 512)
Hard Drive: 150606 - SATA - Seagate (ST3160023AS) 160 GB/7200-
CD/DVD ReWriters: 160909 - DVD-RW - Sony DWU14A 4X/2X-DVD+-RW/4x-DVD
Floppy Drives: 170108 - Mitsumi 7-in-1 USB Card-Reader/Smart-Medi
Operating System: 210112 - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition w/CD an
Add-On Cards: 270408 - Fire Wire - 4 Port Fire Wire Card

thanks!

dice.s [ 125 ] @ kombo-teck.

c00i90wn

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 10:37:18 PM »

I think that you have a soft/hard conflict there, you should try fixing it from the recovery console that comes with the Win XP CD.
If you can get to it you should delete all the files that where installed by the Ulead program. If after trying this you can't get it working then you should perform a Format of the disc(YOU WILL LOSE ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE DISC) Do not perform a quick format since it does not always work.

Good Luck, C00I90WN

dice

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 05:27:26 AM »

hey, thanks for the reply.
bad news though...

since the computer does not read the cd rom as well, it wouldnt read the XP cd. i thought of re-installing XP but that didnt work...

another thing that caught my attention is that, my friend told me that its a conflict with RAM. i dont know how it would be having conflict with the ram cause my ram is at 1GB. he told me to get a technician to come over to my house to fix it...

what do you think?

dice.s [ 125 ] @ kombo-teck.

bar76none

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 12:03:59 PM »

This may be a monitor problem,if you have installed a video card,
be sure your new puter don't have onboard video installed--luck=
                                  ====bar====

c00i90wn

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 03:23:34 PM »

quote:
Error Messages: dont really know because im not much of a computer guy, but theres a screen asking me to press "F1" or "DEL", i press F1 to continue, and DEL to goto system. i press F1 and it keeps on restarting.
it doesnt read my Floppy or CD ROM neither!

It says this at the POST I suposse, can you tell me what the error gives to you?

dice

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 08:28:32 PM »

quote:

It says this at the POST I suposse, can you tell me what the error gives to you?

i dont quite understand what your trying to say?
but when it comes up, i can choose F1 or DEL. if i choose F1 that i can go into windows and what not, but instead of it going to windows, it tells me the information about my computer like, how much ram i have or what my floppy and cdrom is, etc. than i see a non-highlighted windows logo (like the one you see when windows is loading) and than it just restarts again.
if i press DEL it goes to the BIOS.

thanks!

dice.s

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: