MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Still No Sound,Help!!
September 15, 2019, 05:34:34 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2019, 05:34:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still No Sound,Help!!  (Read 1052 times)
PcNewby

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2004, 10:51:15 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Wn
indows 2000 professional
Problem Application Name & Version:i dont know
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:no errors, just no sound either

ok before i formatted my computer i had sound but now i got none ive tryed to find out wat kinda software i need or drivers but i cant find anything. all i find is legacy audio and it says its running fine but im missing a sound driver or sumthing so please can sum one help me with this Undecided

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 12:32:18 AM »

Hey,

Do you have the driver CD for your motherboard?
If not here's what you need to do;
Find out what mobo you have and then go to the website of the manufacturer and look at the specifications of the mobo and it should say what kind of on-board sound you have. Then you can download the sound drivers for it. If you need help to find out what kind of mobo you have post back here and I can help you.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
PcNewby

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 12:44:18 AM »

i have no idea what kinda mobo i got, this is first time i have formatted my computer i took it in to shop before to get it done so im very new to this  pls help me if you can Smiley

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 05:51:40 PM »

Hi,

Ok so you're gona have to find out what kind of mobo is in there in order to get the on-board sound drivers. Finding out exactly what mobo is on there can be tricky sometimes but hopefully you shouldn't have any problems.

It'll probably help if you print this bit out;

1) Turn off the PC and unplug all of the cables from the back.

2) Find a bit of space to work in and then set the case down so that you can open it up.

3) Remove the screws so that you can open the case.

4) Now you should be looking the mobo with all of the other stuff conected to it.

5) What we want here is a code. The manufacturer usually prints a code somewhere on the mobo, this could look like this "XX-01234". It mightn't mean anything now but this is usually the code that we can use to identify the mobo by typing it into a search engine. This code could be anywhere on the mobo but it's usually around the PCI slots, it may be in between the slots and you mightn't be able to see it beacuse the cards could be hiding it.

6) If you can't see any code you may need to disconnect some wires or remove a couple of the cards in order to get a better view. Write down any codes you can see and post them back here.

7) Replace any wires and cards you took out before you put the case back together

Cool If there aren't any codes on the mobo we'll have to do it another way. We'll deal with that if we have to though.

If you need any help with this or you don't understand what you need to do just post back here and I'll answer any questions you have.

Ross

PcNewby

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 09:48:21 PM »

thanx for the help ross
this is hat i found out about my mobo
Model:ECI P4-1.6/1024 ddr tower
P.O. 64684 S/N: ECI 158463
-intel d845ebg2l motherboard with intel P4 1.6ghz processor
i hope u can tell me that means sumthin to you because i got no idea still how to find the drivers lol Smiley
thanx
Steve

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 11:51:21 PM »

Hi Steve,

No problem. I'm here to help. By finding out what mobo you have we can find out what on-board sound chip is on the mobo. The last number you gave me is the one I needed, "Intel D845EBG2L". You need a driver for AC '97 audio I've looked around for you and I think I found the driver you need. Follow the link below and select your OS (Windows 2000 Pro) from the drop down menu and click "Go". A page should load with 8 downloads on it, you want to download on the 3rd one "Integrated Audio Driver". It's a pretty big file (18Mb) so it'll take a while to download unless you have broadband. Install it and that should fix your sound problems.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=823

Hope this sorts out the problem. Let me know how you get on.

Ross

PcNewby

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 01:28:46 AM »

Ross you are the best
that is exactly what i needed thank you very much i would have never thought it was that lol and i coulda never found it with out you i would have takin it to the shop lol
so thank you, you saved me money and i learned what to do
thanx again Smiley Smiley Smiley

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 10:41:36 AM »

Hi Steve,

You're very welcome, I'm just glad I was able to help you out. You know where to come if you have any problems in the future!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: